Idea Re: Zoom(Y) out of range

cumings at stanford.edu cumings at stanford.edu
Sat Sep 11 09:56:54 PDT 2004

Hey all,

I had the same error last week, but I didn't have it during my write this week.  Perhaps the (Y) gain on the new E/O board is just a little bit lower than on the previous board, requiring higher voltage output from the elphy.  I did notice that the (Y) zoom factor was about 1.52 during successful WF alignments.  I remember it being more like 1.48 in the past.

My idea: could this depend on the working distance?  Maybe if you get this error again, try reducing the working distance, perhaps 50-100 micron or so?  Just a thought.

I'm not cc'ing Raith on this one - if one of the Raith champions wants to pass my ideas on to them, feel free.

-John