READ ME: 2% 950K MW PMMA by MICROCHEM is now in the cleanroom. PMMA Material Notes ...

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 14 11:17:27 PDT 2004

Greetings Ebeam Lab Users:

Late in August Bottle No. 4 of the 2% 950K MW PMMA by MICROCHEM was
either finished or removed from the lab.  The bottle was never found,
nor placed into hazardous waste in the solvent pass through, nor
returned to me.  I waited to hear from Users that they needed the
material but no one came forward before I went away on leave.

I have placed one 250 ml bottle (#1A) of the 2% 950K MW PMMA by
MICROCHEM into the Solvent cabinet in the cleanroom for general Lab
use.  This bottle and its contents is NOT to be removed from the
cleanroom  nor used for projects outside of SNF!  When this bottle is
finished rinse it in IPA, place it into a Poly bag tagged with a
hazardous waste tag and place in the solvent pass through in the
hazardous waste section.  Finally send either me or mahnaz a email and
we will stock the next bottle in the queue.

PMMA Material NOTE:

We have two types of 2% 950K MW PMMA -- one by Microchem and a back up
source of material by OCG.  These materials are plainly labeled by
manufacturer, lot number, and expiration date.  These source materials
are inventoried on a listing sheet and usage is closely tracked.  I have
made Microchem materials the preferred high resolution material in our
Lab because of improved consistency of CD Single Pixel Line width
results and better ultimate resolution.  Batch to batch it is more
consistent in its exposure dose response and good QA information is
available from zmicrochem.
  The OCG materials should be used for non critical applications
including planarizing / protection layers along with bulk coating
operations.  This material is also available in 9% solids content
solution as well for thick film operations.

If anyone has specific questions please  'Reply to All ' this list or
see me during my office hour.