raith status from gigi a week ago...

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 14 11:35:36 PDT 2004

Greetings,

James Conway is back in the office....

The piezo calibrations are still outstanding and likely adjustments may
need to be made to the kinetic mounts to get the standard sample holder
truly flat across its 150 mm range.  Note that the specs for the
standard sample holder are not as tight as the Electrostatic chuck (ESC)
and the scratches on the surface of the Std. sample holder or resist on
the back of the chip may also negatively affect your results.

The range of the piezo post are only 105 um and currently we are not
able to complete the leveling routines to obtain a leveled wafer on the
ESC despite several efforts to perform the calibration.  (Out of range
errors...mechanical adjustments must be performed....)

NOTE: ALWAYS START OUT WITH CENTER PIEZO'S AFTER THE WARM UP ROUTINE.
This setting was changed or lost after the recent RAITH150.vbd
modification that came back from RAITH and I have been unable to find
the init setting call in either the RAITH150.vbd or my User.vbd so I can
get it to start as a default with Piezo's centered upon loading the system.

I continue to evaluate the 'Zoom U. or V. exceeds range allowed' issues
in the Align Writefield,  but clearly there was as significant change to
the column or E/O board set up during the period of down time we
experienced in August.  It is my understanding that this can be improved
with the quadrazitung or orthogonality adjustment calibration of the E/O
section of the system.

It was expected that ZEISS would return for final calibrations and
adjustments after we ran the system in for a week, so I will follow up
with them later this week after I get some more time on the system this
week. RAITH was not able to complete the piezo leveling adjustments
during their last visit here as we ran out of time working on chiller
issues.

Will post to this listing more information as I collect the data.