stitching wait?

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 22 09:39:13 PDT 2004

Hello:

The stage moves and rest 3 seconds before it allows the next step the
exposure operation. There is by default a 3 ms beam park and wait before
initiating deflection.  This is to allow the deflection coils a suitable
time frame to stabilize before moving the beam (Beam sweep operation)

YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO HAVE THE STITCHING WAIT.  3 ms is the default on
the RAITH system and it is user addressable.  It is in the exposure
panel --> details... menu.

However if there is no structure or element in a writefield it should
just quickly move through that WF and to the next field with an
element.  Normally it will not stop at an empty writefield...
Check your pattern and make sure their are no borders,  Area refs,
structure refs, lines, or dots in each of these writefield.

Also be sure that if you have any borders around your patterns that they
are not filled boxes but simply a line border.  The solution to your
problem may be as easy as turning off any additional layers that may
have resulted from the CAD programs.  Once before I saw this when the
pattern was in layer one but there was an additional "empty pattern
layer' in Layer 9.  This turned out to be a working area definition that
did not carry over through the L-edit export to GDS II properly. (old
L-edit version 7)

If you still are having problems please come and see me when you are
next on the system.

Hope this helps!

James Conway