RAITH STATUS 18:45 hours Monday April 11, 2005: SYSTEM IS BACK UP AFTER POWER FAILURE

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 11 18:51:45 PDT 2005

Greetings:

A Power failure occurred late last evening and the system came down,
shutting off the gun and partially venting the system to air.
User in attempt to recover his samples from the system then tripped a
fatal load lock error (level 2) upon time out event of the turbo pump as
it could not reach the set point vacuum.  Communication interfaces and
the IEE-488 buss dropped when the computer was rebooted repeatedly
without allowing it sufficient time to recover the W2K OS directory
structure.  The LEO computer lost it configuration files and they were
recovered from my Friday afternoon parachute backup.

I brought the vacuum system back up this morning. The FE-Gun and
communications were restored to normal functionality this afternoon.
The last three hours we have set up and performed a EBL write and will
examine this sample tomorrow for a new Qualification of the system.  All
functions seem normal and I am restoring users access as of 19:30 hours
this evening.  System is now in Green light mode.

System schedule open as of 19:30 as HUNGTAO is canceling for the evening
session.  Who's next?  Please unload my sample into the sample box on
the system.  Questions -- please call me on my cell.

SNF