SOI wafers needed and query of labmembers who may be seeking same.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 3 13:53:07 PDT 2005

Greetings:

On behalf of several lab members working in the Ebeam Lab we are seeking
some SOI wafers to aid in their research here at SNF.

If you have quality SOI wafers, or slices, that you have archived and
will no longer be needing please reply to this message.
Please let us know what Si thickness and BOX layer thickness(es) you may
have on hand.

These users combined only need 2 - 6 wafers, and most are interested in
working on 2 X 2 cm sq. pieces, but we are finding the minimum order
from SOITec to be 10 - 12 for the wafer type they desire.  We are
currently obtaining quotations for these wafers. Estimates for cost are
$340 - 380.00 US.

Conversely if you are also seeking, or will be doing work on, SOI wafers
in the near term future -- please reply to this message as well.
Please let us know the optimal Silicon and Buried Oxide Layer thickness
you desire.
If there is enough interest we might be able to combine our orders and
obtain a supply sufficient for all of our needs through the end of the
year.

Q: Do you think SOI wafers of some nominal standard type should be
stocked and inventoried in the SNF Lab Stockroom?

Thank you for the favor of your reply to: beamtools at snf.stanford.edu and
of course CC to:  jwc at snf.stanford.edu

Ebeam Technology Group
SNF