stuff on the stage

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:54:56 PDT 2005

Hello Lindsay:

This could be a possibility. When I open the system I will take a closer
look at the material.  Indium smears really easily and I should be able
to determine if it is metallic and soft.  There was so much of this
material I would be surprised if it could have been transferred so
easily just by clipping a sample down.  But then if they are mounting
with In onto the sample holder that's another issue which they should
have gained approval before doing.  The material seemed pretty hard on
my quick inspection yesterday and left significant raised relief over
the aluminum surface under the clips.  Now small samples cannot be
clipped flat to the holder and wafers will not mount level to the
surface.  This will affect quality of writes for everyone.

Thank you for your inputs!

James Conway