Raith schedule -- open slots on the coral schedule

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 2 09:08:41 PST 2005

Hello Sora Kim and Raith Users:

This is a great question that I wish to reiterate to maintain clarity od
this policy:

While there is a limit on the total number of hours that a User can
reserve the Raith system on the Coral schedule, there is in fact no
limit to the number of hours that you can utilize the system if no one
else has reserved the system on Coral.

This policy was designed to allow everyone qualified to operate the
system to have fair and equal ability to make reservations and gain
access to the Raith system within a ten day to two week time frame.

RE: Open slots on the Coral schedule...

If no other User has made a reservation for the system, or upon not
showing up for their session, or posting by email and/or notice on the
system that they intend to start late; at minute 16 after the
reservation period starts any User whom enables the tool now has the
system for that reservation period. It is only at that User's courtesy
when they complete their writing task to return the system to the
previous user should they show up later to use the tool. It is intended
that there exist some flexibility and cooperation amongst Users working
on the system within these policies.

This and other reservation policies were decided by the Raith community
early last year during a previous Ebeam Town Hall Meeting.
This afternoon we will be reiterating the reservation policies and this
would be the forum to propose or introduce any modifications to our
existing policies, as well as to this news group.

Please join us this afternoon from 2 - 4 PM at CIS-X 338 for what will
be an interesting meeting. Light Refreshments will be provided.

Thank you for your support,

James Conway