New Thread: Should we charge users when they cancel without advanced notice on the Raith system?

Ilya Fushman ifushman at stanford.edu
Wed Dec 7 18:06:14 PST 2005

Dear All,
There have been times when I destroyed my sample moments before using the Raith. I think that on average most people who sign up, show up. I doubt that most people block off time in advance with less than 80% of intent to really use it. I think that you can penalize people who do not show up and leave the system reserved, but if anything happens, you should be able to email the list and remove the reservation without penalty. In that case, it is first come first serve, as it has been. Also, there is a gray area where people trade sessions last minute. In that case, how will you differentiate someone canceling last minute and someone wanting to swap?
-ilya