Raith Status 01072005:1030 AM -- users access will be delayed so we can continue troubleshooting.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:51:54 PST 2005

Greetings Raith Users:

An unexpected EHT Trip encountered overnight at 0531 hours this
morning.  The system was up with the beam on idling unblanked at 10 kV.
A EHT trip error 519 was recorded on the server and the system software
shut the gun down.  Vacuum level elevated abruptly with this event to
3.38 E -009 mbar level and has been very slowly returning to the upper E
-010 mbar level.  I cannot explain why this occurred as everything was
looking very good when I left last evening.

Actions: Returning back to run up and FE-gun conditioning and will be
slowly bringing up the gun this morning.  I will continue to evaluate
this afternoon but expect I will require much of the weekend to allow
the system to stabilize and run in the gun.

Users on the Coral schedule should now remove their reservations and
reschedule for a later time.  Do not expect access to the system through
mid-day Monday at the earliest unless I post to this list otherwise
later this afternoon.