Annoucement: PMMA Materials: NO MORE CHLOROBENZENE IN THE LAB AFTER FEB 1, 2005.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 11 11:20:12 PST 2005

Announcement:
PMMA Materials:
NO MORE CHLOROBENZENE IN THE LAB AFTER FEB. 1, 2005.

Greetings Lab Members:

We are in the process of eliminating all Chlorobenzene based Resist
systems and rolling over for lab member use to only Anisole based Resist
systems used for Electron Beam Lithography in the SNF cleanroom. We hope
to complete this roll over by February 1, 2005 and will remove all
Chlorobenzene resist systems from the SNF cleanroom at that time.

This change will affect all users working with the following PMMA materials:
    2% 950K MW Poly-Methy-Methacrylate (PMMA)
    5% 495K MW Poly-Methy-Methacrylate (PMMA)
    9% 950K MW Poly-Methy-Methacrylate (PMMA) -- NOTE: This material is
no longer stocked at SNF.
    ZEP-520-12 PMMA by Zeon Corp.

We currently have small volumes of these materials in-house and will be
making these materials available to lab members.  Note that these new
materials are plainly labeled with additional colored stickers and will
be labeled with a 'A' in their chemical label to aid in their
identification. SNF staff will be performing preliminary
characterization of these materials; but it is up to the individual lab
members to monitor and adjust their processes using these new materials
as appropriate.

This change is being made to enhance your individual safety and reduce
everyone's exposure to toxic and potentially carcinogenic materials used
in the SNF cleanroom.

Please post your replies to beamtools at snf.stanford.edu with SUBJECT:
ANISOLE RESIST