Shutdown raith SNF 2005-01-11 14:01:46: System performance failed to pass qualification

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 11 15:07:30 PST 2005

Hello Raith Users:

I have placed the RAITH 150 system in 'Red light'   i.e., shut down mode.
Something very strange is going on and I have not been able to account
for the problem to a specific cause thus far.

Problem encountered:  EBL Features written on PMMA using the system are
coming out grossly over exposed and most features are developing
completely out.  Even the smallest dose specified are resulting in
features much larger than the presumed spot size with SPL's on the order
of 1 - 3 microns.  Examination of the system protocol files yields the
correct dose as previously determined for these film.  These writes are
on qualified 2% 950K MW PMMA material on Silicon and we have been using
as  reference samples from this wafer for nearly a year.

Working with Raith to troubleshoot this phenomenon.

More information after the next test,

James Conway