[Fwd: Comment raith SNF 2005-01-14 11:04:06: last nights EBL results much improved]

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 14 13:54:02 PST 2005

Good Afternoon,

With much pleasure and effort,   I can announce that the system
performance met with my expectations and I am willing to give it a
preliminary qualification based on SEM inspection of patterns I wrote
yesterday evening.

While I was not able to locate or measure Single pixel lines in grating
patterns below 134 nm I was able to see good SPL in a dose array of
origin targets.  Shots can be difficult to form but I was able to obtain
a 13 nm short shot dot reproducing results from two days ago.
While the root cause of the problem we were having was not specifically
identified, I did check and reconnect all the cable runs yesterday
afternoon and abruptly the system seemed to come back to normal
performance levels. I also cycled the power to all the RAITH electronics
package other than the laser, and finally reset the computers.

I will let users work on the system over the weekend through Tuesday 10
AM.  I will then repeat the qualification test on new substrates and
resist and again evaluate performance using our PCM pattern test procedure.