resist

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 25 19:32:42 PST 2005

Dirk:
See me tomorrow PM and I will figured out the dilution ... EZ to
prepare. Not a problem.
I have a stock of 9% 950K PMMA in chlorobenzene that I use for dilution
down to custom viscosities.
I have 1.25 and 1.50 % 950K PMMA in several small batches prepared for
my Scanning Probe Lithography collaboration with U Nevada-Reno.

The 2% 950K MW PMMA  we purchase prepared from Microchem; so I don't
have to make it myself.

Here are the curves you desire.  [web link:  [ Single Layer aka 2% 950K
PMMA
<http://snf.stanford.edu/Process/Lithography/EBResist/SinglePMMAEBResist.html>
] [5% 495K PMMA
<http://snf.stanford.edu/Process/Lithography/EBResist/STD495KPMMA.html>]

Everyone --> FYI:  ANISOLE IS IN THE LAB!

I am currently working on characterizing the anisole resist materials.
I recently placed 2% 950K MW PMMA-anisole and 5% 495K MW PMMA - anisole
in the solvent cabinet in the rear FAB chase for people to get started
with their own process characterization.
 Microchem went to great effort to produce nearly identical materials.
Have been working with these materials in Dortmund, DE and they are
nearly the same. Remember the solvent is just a transport vehicle and
once cured its the same stuff, i.e, PMMA

Will post the PMMA anisole spin speed (f) thickness curves, optimized
doses, and contrast curves just as soon as I finish the work. In coming
week(s)...  If people wish to take a spin with me they are welcome. Sign
up is in my office or see me during my office hour.

We will also maintain a supply of the Chlorobenzene based system for
reference and critical project needs until we use up the supply. Likely
we will overlap and have both in house through the next few weeks to a
month.

 I also have a number of silicon wafers with various thickness including
the spec. thickness in my collections. Happy to share with anyone
needing these if you will report the data and results obtained.

WATCH THE LABELS CAREFULLY!

Thank you and good evening,

James Conway