raith status sunday

Luigi Scaccabarozzi scaccag at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 3 12:53:14 PDT 2005

Hi all,
a few comments:
1) This morning I found the raith software frozen and I had to kill it and
restart it. The previous user most probably exited the LEO software after
unloading, without waiting for the raith software to end normally the
unload procedure. Restarting this morning was enough, but you may easily
get errors that can be cleared only by an administrator.
2) Teh problem that Dirk had with the logic was just due to the fact that
the "beam" switch on the elphy was flipped down, reversing the logic. That
switch must stay flipped up. it may have been flipped down accidentally by
Dirk or another user, so be careful with that
3) This morning I had a EHT trip which shut down the gun. I was working at
10kV, and not even started imaging my sample. I was able to recover simply
shutting down both computer and restarting.
I'm writing right now and everything seemed ok. I'll write more if I
encounter more problems or if the write is bad, otherwise you can assume
the system if up and working.
Gigi