raith status sunday -- RE: RAITH EHT TRIP

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 5 17:41:39 PDT 2005

Greetings Raith Users:

RE: RAITH EHT TRIP encountered this last weekend.

I checked out the gun and system vacuum levels before bringing the EHT
up to 10 and then 20 kV.  I did not see any problems with FE-Gun
stability other than a slight change upwards in Gun Vacuum as the EHT
was run up.  Users were also working at 20 kV yesterday evening with no
problems with arcing or EHT trips.  Emission is stable.  Gun vacuum is
in the 2.0E-009 mbar area, slightly higher than I am targeting for.

Users are requested to be kind and gentle to the computers during their
raith operations. Please ensure that all exits from the software
applications are performed gracefully and allowing time for the system
to log and write out the data files to disk upon exit. Please do not
CTRL-ALT-DELETE to exit either any of the SW applications or the WIN
2000 Pro OS.

I just defragged these computers last week!