Column work delayed two weeks RAITH system offline 10 AM Monday June 20 through afternoon June 24.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 6 14:47:06 PDT 2005

Greetings Raith Users:

The planned downtime to replace the RAITH 150 system SEM Column must be
delayed for two weeks.

The RAITH system will then be going offline to users 10 AM Monday June
20 through late afternoon Friday June 24.
We may possibly be seeking standby operators for test exposures evening
and overnight on Thursday June 23, 2005; but only if we can complete
raith field service test before that time.  Please see James Conway if
you are interested in helping us qualify the system.

Why the delay?

RAITH GMBH and Zeiss SMT field service personnel working in Oberkocken,
DE. were forced to delay the scheduled installation of the new SEM
column on our RAITH Ebeam lithography system due to their want to fully
characterize the replacement SEM column.  It was discovered during
initial  testing that the Aperture Plate was aligned to the default LEO
1530 orientation and not to the standard RAITH 150 aperture orientation
which is required by the RAITH system. This forces the people working on
the system to break gun section vacuum, rotate the aperture plate, and
perform an additional bakeout on the system.

This is your notice that we will be taking the system off line from 10
AM Monday June 20 through  late afternoon June 24, 2005. PCM test and
Qualification runs will be conducted that Friday afternoon 13:00 - 18:00
hours.  There is the opportunity to " Share the Ride" with me during
these test.

Raith and myself apologize for the change in the planned downtime, but
this was unavoidable.  Users are encouraged to make good use of this
additional time remaining to complete your work if possible on the system.

Thank you for  your support!

James W. Conway