Notice of extended downtime planned for APRIL 18, 2005 10:00 through April 21, 2005 18:00 hours.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:03:55 PST 2005

Greetings:

Herein is notice that I may be taking the RAITH 150 system off line to
Users from Monday APRIL 18, 2005 about 10 AM through approximately 18:00
hours Thursday April 21, 2005 to effect repairs to the LEO SEM COLUMN .
We will be performing more inspections inside the column, rebuilding the
blanking aperture sections, testing blanking voltages, and repeating the
PM routine.  No changes are planned to the FE- Gun section of the column.

This is the current plan of action to resolve the blanker leakage and
scattering issues we are currently being encumbered by for many
structure writes on the system.  This plan may change and we will post
to this list ASAP as our schedule shifts if necessary.