Announcement: tentative time line to replace the LEO SEM column. System offline June 6 to 10, 2005

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue May 17 10:24:54 PDT 2005

Greetings:

This is a tentative announcement that we may be taking the RAITH 150
system off line for up to a weeks time to replace the LEO SEM column
with a brand new SEM column.  I will update this list when I have a firm
date from Raith USA Inc. for the work.  Tentatively Monday June 6, 2005
to possibly the end of the week Friday June 10 the system may be off
line to all users.

This is to allow us time to replace the SEM column with the new column,
perform a normal column bakeout, and then to make adjustments to the E/O
card and SEM column. This period will also allow adequate time for
testing and performance characterization before returning the systems
for users.

This effort is made to eliminate the column scattering issues that has
negatively impacted some users working on the system.