Raith Status end of day WED SEPT. 21, 2005 18:00 hours SYSTEM IS UP AND AVAILABLE AFTER YESTERDAY' S POWER FAILURE.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 21 18:16:03 PDT 2005

Greetings Raith Users:

Yesterday the power failure and electrical storm brought down all of our
ebeam tools including the RAITH 150 system.  Loss of water cooling
caused the Raith 150 system to move into safe standby mode.  The gun
section column chamber valve closed and it maintained vacuum, but the
system chamber rose to the upper 10E-004 mbar pressure.  I took three
hours to pump down and about four hours for beam emission to stabilize.
We were back up at midnight last night.

This morning I performed a system qualification and PCM test of the
RAITH system and it passed all quality points:

Std. sample holder on Stage with piezo's in centered position measured
delta WD of 60 um.  This sample holder leveled using  the
100MM_Std.SAMPLE_Holder file rendered level to 67 um.  Users are
encouraged to use the system centering defaults and to not attempt to
level small pieces on the Std. sample holder.

DEMO and Single Pixel Lines patterns were run and everything appears
excellent under 1000 X optical Microscope.  Single Pixel Lines are below
the diffraction limit on the microscope so we will SEM this sample after
metallization.

Write Field to Write Field Stitching is excellent and below what I can
measure using the stitching verniers.  (< 5 nm mean)

System and Gun section Vacuum levels are near where they were before the
power failure. FE-GUN emission is stable and returning to normal levels
this afternoon.

System is available to all users and there is open time available on
tonight's overnight schedule.

Current exposure on the system ends at about 19:30 hours.