ANNOUNCEMENT: RAITH Group XXI -- Intensive 4 day short course. AUGUST 15 TO 18TH TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:09:47 PDT 2006

Greetings RAITH Group XXI:

If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group XXI.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email; I still am in need
of further information or a commitment from you, and hope to add you in
the next class.

We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session and demo layer one training following at 2 PM - 5 PM in the
afternoon. All are also welcome to attend as observers the other
'hands-on' sessions through the week.
All Users are also encouraged to join any Raith Champion when they are
on the system to gain further exposure to the system.

If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXI Training course to be held AUGUST 15 TO
18th, 2006.
The schedule follows along with a listing of Participants whom you will
be working with as a Team.  This will be an intensive four day workshop.
You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience
and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.

NOTE: There are prerequisites you must complete before attending this
class. You must have recent relevant SEM and LITHO experience before
your can sit for this class. Please see me directly during my office
hour should you have any questions.
Bring examples of your best high resolution SEM work to the first class.

Users are also encouraged to attend the "Take a Spin with Me"
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2140:mss:463:200608:nmfmjodamiipleilieod>
class covering ebeam resist handling procedures. Next class is Tuesday
August 22, 2006 9:30 - 12:30 hours in the Cleanroom. There is a separate
sign up for this class on the white board in my office at CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

   RAITH Group XXI Schedule:

Raith 150 Basic Users Training - Intensive 4 Day Short Course

AUGUST 15 TO 18, 2006 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.

The Plan of Action:
We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.  We will break for lunch at various times, while
the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside
commitments.  You should have started working on your GDS II patterns
and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your
material. Please bring your patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On'
sessions. Some afternoons we may also be able to finish earlier,
letting the system write on its own to the end of our reservations on
the system.

Schedule:
Tuesday August 15, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 338
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday August 16, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday August 17, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday August 18, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class so you
can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login to
the system.

I WILL PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31)

PARTICIPANTS IN RAITH GROUP XXI:

<><>1.  Deji Akinwande dejia at stanford.edu <mailto:dejia at stanford.edu>
Coral: Dejia Phone: 703-623-6423 c
Phillip Wong Group Project: CNT for Transistors devices.

?

<>2. <>Udayan Ganguly ug23 at cornell.edu <mailto:ug23 at cornell.edu> Coral:
Uganguly Phone: 614-598-2339  cell
NASA AMES Bin Yu.  Project: Nanowire electronics.

<><> 3. Dmitry Alexander Kozak  dkozak at ucsc.edu
<mailto:dkozak at ucsc.edu>   Coral: Dkozak Phone: 408-489-9394
Kubby Group/ NASA Project CNFiber switch

?

<> <>4. Gereon Meyer gereon at slac.stanford.edu
<mailto:gereon at slac.stanford.edu>  Coral: gereon Phone: 510-486-6645 office
<>Stohr Group with the Spin Doctors on Magnetic ellipse patterns for
storage.