RAITH Status Update: Last night there were load lock errors and vent of system chamber. Coral schedule slides back two to three hours.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 11 14:49:59 PDT 2006

Good Afternoon Raith Users:

Last night there were several errors including load lock errors and vent
of system chamber...
System is back up and writing. Coral schedule slides back two to three
hours.

I have pumped down the system from atmosphere, brought back up the gun,
and vacuum levels are slowly returning to previous base pressures.
Likely it will take a day or more for the Gun pressures to return to the
mid E - 010 Torr level.  Currently 1.9 E-009 T and slowly falling.

ALL USERS ARE REMINDED TO PRE-BAKE THEIR SAMPLES AT 90 DEGREES C. FOR 2
MINUTES BEFORE LOADING.
(Users may bake at any temperature higher than this if they wish.  This
will help to maintain a clean vacuum system and it will be much easier
to burn contamination dots on your samples.

Note on the Load Lock Procedures:
Users are reminded that during all Load Lock (LL) procedures the RAITH
computer and keyboard are locked out and your inputs are ignored.
THE COMPUTER IS NOT LOCKED UP -- JUST WAITING FOR THE LL PROCEDURE TO
COMPLETE.
Please never shut down or restart the Raith Computer during the LL
procedure it will cause a LL ERROR.

Currently the system is writing and XINRAN will come onto the system
between 4 and 5 PM.  Others will follow in sequence and users are
encouraged to 'share the ride' so we can catch up to the schedule by
midnight tonight.

If any significant problems are encountered please call me immediately
at 415-412-4825

Have a nice weekend,

James Conway