Users limited to no more than 15 kV on Raith.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 14 15:37:25 PDT 2006

Greetings Raith Community:

Today I tested the RAITH to 15 kV with no problems encountered while
maintaining excellent Gun vacuum levels. (4.6 E-010 Torr. EHT ON at 15 kV.)

All Users can now operate the system to acceleration  voltages up to and
including 15 kV for their writes.
Higher acceleration voltages will be tested near the end of next week if
possible.

++++  All Users are requested to pre-bake all their previously coated
samples on a hot plate to at least 90 degrees C. before loading into
RAITH ++++

Please take care to ensure that no oils, greases, waxes, or other
contaminants remain on your samples when you load them into the system.

Electron Beam diameter measurements at 10 kV 30 um aperture at 5 mm WD =
1.48 nm and at 15 kV, 20 um aperture and 4.93 mm WD is less than 1 nm.

Patterns written during the qualification run last Friday displayed
excellent stitching and overlay registration.
10 kV Dose to clear 100 nm 2% 950K MW PMMA in anisole films on Silicon
was 110 uC/cm^2 for areas and 330 uC/cm for Single Pixel Lines.
Single Pixels lines in the 15 - 25 nm range with good line edge
roughness were obtained.

Elevated vibration levels in the lab have been observed during hours of
construction work on the project across the street. FWHM image ripple
measurements on edge of 90 nm diameter latex spheres typically are 4 - 7
nm. During much of this week we have seen transient events to as much at
22 nm with a range of 7 - 15 nm typical. I will be reviewing the TMC /
Raith gimbaled passive isolation platform tuning Monday afternoon to
determine if I can reduce the impact of these vibrations.

If you have any questions please see me during my daily office hour.

SNF