Reminder: RAITH Group XIX -- Intensive 4 day short course. tomorrow ---> March 7 - 10 TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 6 14:36:33 PST 2006

Greetings RAITH Group XIX:

If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group XIX.

We also wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning
lecture session and demo layer one training following at 2 PM - 6 PM in
the afternoon. All are also welcome to attend as an observer the
'hands-on' sessions through the week. All are also encouraged to join
any Raith Champion when they are on the system to gain further exposure
to the system.

This is your first announcement and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XIX Training course to be held in March.  The
schedule follows along with a listing of Participants whom you will be
working with as a Team.  This will be an intensive four day workshop.
You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience
and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.

Please note that there are specific prerequisites for this class and you
must have recent relevant SEM and LITHO experience before your can sit
for this class.
Please see me directly should you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

RAITH Group XIX Schedule:

Raith 150 Basic Users Training - Intensive 4 Day Short Course

March 7 - 10, 2006 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.

The Plan of Action:
We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.  We will break for lunch at various times, while
the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside
commitments.  You should have started working on your GDS II patterns
and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your
material. Please bring your patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On'
sessions. Some afternoons we may also be able to finish earlier,
letting the system write on its own to the end of our reservations on
the system.

Schedule:
Tuesday March 7, 2006:
10:00 -  12:30 Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS 115
[Please note the room change from previous classes!]
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday March 8, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday March 9, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday March 10, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class so you
can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login to
the system.

I WILL PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.

PARTICIPANTS IN RAITH GROUP XIX:

<>1. Young Chul Jun mailto: ycjun at stanford.edu
<mailto:ycjun at stanford.edu> Coral: ycjun Phone: 650-714-3585 cell
Yamamoto Group Project:  Quantum Dot Cavity QED (Quantum Electron
Dynamics)  <>

2. Frank Jaeckel fjaeckel at stanford.edu <mailto:fjaeckel at stanford.edu>
Coral: fjaeckel Phone: 650-724-4052 office cell: 650-862-6864

W. E. Moerner Project: Electrode patterns for control...  High
resolution Opt. Antenna

-

<>3.  Randy Stoltenberg randalls at stanford.edu
<mailto:randalls at stanford.edu> Coral: randalls Phone: 650-796-4527
Zhenan Bao Project: Electrode patterns for control...

-

<>4. Alan Chin achin at mail.arc.nasa.gov <mailto:achin at mail.arc.nasa.gov>
Coral:  chinah Phone: 408-887-2287 cell
NASA Ames - Nanowires for Lasers and Photonics.

-

<>5. Xiaowei Yu xwyu at stanford.edu <mailto:xwyu at stanford.edu> Coral:
xiaowei Phone: 1-650-862-3098
Stohr Group, Project: Spin Doctors, GMR device for Spintronics.