ANNOUNCEMENT No. 2: RAITH Group XXII -- Intensive 4 day short course. NOVEMBER 7 - 10, 2006 TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 6 13:11:11 PST 2006

*Greetings RAITH Group XXII:*
*
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXII**.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email; I still am in need
of further information or a commitment from you, and hope to add you in
the next class.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session and demo layer one training following at 2 PM - 6 PM in the
afternoon. All are also welcome to attend as observers the other
'hands-on' sessions through the week.
All Users are also encouraged to join any Raith Champion when they are
on the system to gain further exposure to the system.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXII Training course to be held NOVEMBER 7 -
10, 2006.
The schedule follows along with a listing of Participants whom you will
be working with as a Team.  This will be an intensive four day workshop. _
*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the experience
and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_*NOTE:* *_There are prerequisites you must complete before attending
this class:_*
You must have recent relevant SEM and LITHO experience before your can
sit for this class. Please see me directly during my office hour if you
have any questions.
*Be sure to bring examples of your best high resolution SEM work to the
first class.** If you don't have the SEM experience you will be dropped
from this class. *Please see me directly during my office hour if you
have any questions.

Users are also encouraged to attend the "Take a Spin with Me"
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2140:mss:463:200608:nmfmjodamiipleilieod>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. Next class is scheduled
for Tuesday November 14, 2006 10:00 -13:00 hours in the SNF Cleanroom.
There is a separate sign up for this class on the white board in my
office at CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXII** Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training – Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*November 07 - 10, 2006 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.  We will break for lunch at various times, while
the system is writing, so plan to be flexible with your other outside
commitments.  You should have started working on your GDS II patterns
and preparing PMMA on your substrates if you wish to write on your
material. Please bring your patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On'
sessions. Some afternoons we may also be able to finish earlier,
letting the system write on its own to the end of our reservations on
the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday November 07, 2006:
10:00 - 12:15   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 201
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday November 08, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday November 09, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday November 10, 2006:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class so you
can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login to
the system.

I WILL PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31)

*PARTICIPANTS IN RAITH GROUP XXII:*

1. Michelle Povinelli mpovinel at stanford.edu Coral: mpovinel Phone: 650
353-1832 Shan Hui Fan Group  Project: Silicon Photonic crystals.

2.  Deji Akinwande dejia at stanford.edu Coral: Dejia Phone: 703-623-6423
Phillip Wong Group Project: CNT for Transistors devices.

3. Gereon Meyer gereon at slac.stanford.edu  Coral: gereon Phone:
510-486-6645 Stohr Group with the Spin Doctors on Magnetic ellipse
patterns for storage.

4. Bing Dai bdai at stanford.edu Coral:  bdai Phone: 650-862-9366  Pease
Group,  Project:  Shot Noise test devices.

5. Filip Crnogorac filip at stanford.edu Coral: filip Phone: 650-796-9561
Pease Group, Project: Graphite Protection for 3-D IC's.  Crystalline
structures on amorphous substrates.

6. Dawei Zhang zhangdw at stanford.edu Coral: zhangdw  Phone:
(650)-796-6166 Nishi Group Project:  CMOS transistor devices MOM.

*Observers in RAITH Group XXIII waiting to fill participant slots that
open in RAITH GROUP XXII class:*

1. Van Dorpe Pol pvandorp at imec.be Coral: sikola at fme.vutbr.cz Phone:
650-391-5549 Brongersma Group Project: Plasmonic Tunnel Junctions

2. Tomáš ŠIKOLA sikola at fme.vutbr.cz Coral: ____ Phone: 650-723-5840
Brongersma Group Project: Pico Antennas

3 Anu Chandran chandran at stanford.edu Coral: anu Phone: 650-796-7160
Brongersma Group Project: Plasmonic Tunnel Junction device

4. Hesaam Esfandyarpour Coral: hesaam Phone: 650-387-6072 c Pease Group
- Project: Thermo-sequencing