"Raith Cam"

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 30 08:41:21 PST 2006

Hello Ilya,

I have thought about this too. I am also CCing the
raith at snf.stanford.edu list to start a new thread for discussion.

What may be better than a simple webcam and we just need someone with
the time and energy to get it set up;  might be to have a secure
wireless network to the RAITH, possibly hosting from
elwizard.stanford.edu. (My office PC..) That way authenticated users
could login to either my host and gain a VPN connection to the raith
computer to monitor the system, ftp files, and prepare position list.
This would help me also when we run into problems on the tool .  I could
login remotely and take care of problems such as load lock errors and
assist Users remotely.

Additionally I would desire to get dual output video cards and two
additional monitors so that we can watch through the clean room windows
from the outside.  This would also be useful for outreach to visitors
coming to SNF to observe the RAITH operations  in progress.

Ideas and suggestions are welcomed.  Anyone in the RAITH community have
the wireless and PC networking skills or desire to assist in getting
this set up?

The floor is open to your ideas...

Best,

James Conway