"Raith Cam"

S. Ekin Kocabas sukruekinkocabas at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 30 15:56:01 PST 2006

Here are some ideas and questions..

One could use a video splitter instead of changing the video card on the
computer. Here's an example splitter:
http://www.l-com.com/item.aspx?id=8691

Would a remote connection to the Raith computer have any side effects if
Raith is writing a pattern at the same time? If that is a concern, there
should be means to disable it.

For remote access to solve load lock errors, windows has a remote
desktop client, which I use frequently. It might be activated on Raith.
The problem with that is only one user can login at the same time. When
a remote connection is made, the local window is blanked.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

Instead of a webcam, one could schedule (every 30secs?) a "print screen"
on the Raith computer, and save the image to a specific place over the
network, which everyone could check to see what's going on. I googled
print screen utilities, the one below might be suitable:
http://www.screencapture.com/cap97.htm

Ekin