Raith status:: System returning to service, qualification tomorrow afternoon after run in FE-Gun.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 11 19:56:49 PDT 2006

Greetings Raith Users and Raith USA People:

I am pleased to announce that RAITH will likely be back up and running
for Raith Champions to test the system overnight Tomorrow evening.

Today I was able to troubleshoot and recover the IEE-488.s interfaces to
the Piezo Controller and the Picoammeter modules.  There was a conflict
with the SW versions of these modules and the service package
differences between our old computer, now deceased, and the loaner PC we
received from RAITH USA.
Thanks to Cole Loomis, Kevin Burcham, and Joe Klingfus for timely
response to my queries late last evening.

Mike Santomango from Carl Zeiss SMT Inc. was able to come in today and
we quickly located the D-sub 9 connector plug to the EHT interlock for
the 8 KV to the In Lens detector restoring its functionality.  E/O board
calibrations were completed and imaging functions were restored.  I am
running in the system and FE_GUN tip overnight and will qualify the
system tomorrow afternoon.

Raith Champions whom wish to access the system after qualification
should see me after 2 PM tomorrow (Thurs.) in hope of obtaining access
that evening.
Stanford Users whom are meeting critical project deadlines should also
contact me tomorrow afternoon. Together we can put together a schedule
to catch up to the backlog.

Thank you for your support!

James W. Conway