Fwd: Comment raith SNF 2006-10-19 18:25:29: system is up and functional NOT TO EXCEED 10 KV

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 19 18:44:41 PDT 2006

Good Evening,

Users are asked to be vigilant and careful in operation of the RAITH
system overnight.

Immediately call me if you:

    * Smell hot electrical or burning PCBoards or see smoke.
    * encounter and EHT trip at 10 kV.
    * Encounter other unusual behavior on the system.

Users will observe that the emission current value when measuring Beam
Currents in the Faraday cups are significantly lower than with the
former FE-Gun.
Emission should improve as we run the tip in and after we make
adjustments to the FE-Gun settings with Zeiss Field service.
Emission at 10 kV 30 um aperture is 0.128 nA...

Good Evening,

James Conway

FYI: I have email back up to the jwc at snf.stanford.edu email account and
all users should send all email to that default address.  Thanks. JWC