system stabilizing

Dick Crane rcrane at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 7 15:14:26 PDT 2006

Raith users,

I have been working with Cole Loomis of Raith to perform a cold turn-on.
The system has responded well vacuum wise and the gun is now on.
Extractor current is 20% low and will need to stabilize overnight. I
will check it Friday morning at 0615. Assuming extractor current has
risen to 249uA, I will then need a superuser to declare the tool to be
operational. Any helpers?

An unanswered question is still on the table: How did the main power
safety disconnect switch (the red handled throw switch on the wall near
the entry door) come to be turned off and why? Any suggestions?

I suspect the tool will be up tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your patience,

Dick
5-3665