Raith down

Guangyu Zhang gyzhang at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 8 16:46:05 PDT 2006

Hi all,
The raith is down due to load loak problem. Following is what i have done
during unloading my sample out,
A message appeared when unloading my sample, says:
1. "It is not possible to reach the inner robot arm."
Click OK, and next the messages says
2. "Mannual procedure to bring the robot arm back in its outer possition.
Please, follow the instructions"
Click Ok, and the next messages is
3. "Press the T-button on the Joystick"
Press it, click OK,
4. "Move the robot arm with the joystck as far as possible to the outer
possition"
Move the T possible to zero, and click OK,
5. "Outer position reached! Press X- and Y- button on the joystick"
Press the X- and Y- button and click OK,
Then, No messages appeared, and the load and unload button on 'Navigator
exchange' becomes red and unusable.

I tried to call James and can't reach him. So, i just leave my sample still
in the chamber and shut down the raith untill someone knows how to solve
this problem.
Guangyu