Stanford RAITH 150 EBL system will continue to be down. Please remove and reschedule coral reservations through THURSDAY 6 PM.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 26 11:36:33 PDT 2006

Good Morning Raith Users:

Carl Zeiss SMT whom provides service for our RAITH 150 has been
non-responsive and unable to supply us with sub-system board(s) needed
to further troubleshoot and effect repairs on our RAITH 150 system.
I have not seen and heard from any Zeiss representatives since Friday
and several of my calls have been shunted to voice mail.  Several
parties have been trading voice mails with me without any progress.

Biggest Issue:  They do not have the parts in the USA to repair our system.
The system will remain SHUT DOWN and offline to all users until these
repairs are completed.

This morning I asked George Lanzarotta of RAITH USA Inc. to escalate
this issue and inform ZEISS Management in Oberkocken, Germany of this
situation with hopes of expediting both the needed parts and a RAITH
Field Service engineer with suitable skills to return the tools to
service as soon as  possible.

All Users are requested to remove their existing coral reservations and
reschedule for any slot after  6 PM Thursday for RAITH Champions only,
and after 6 PM Friday for all other Users on the system.
I do not currently have a definitive date or time that I can now certify
that the system will be back up for your use.

Raith USA Inc. and myself are doing everything humanly possible to
return this tools to service during this week.

My apologies for the interruption and delay to your research that this
down time has caused everyone working on the system.