RAITH is off line to users for RAITH Field Service

James Conway jwconway at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 10 16:52:54 PDT 2007

Greetings Raith Users:

Raith Field Service's Joe Klingfus is on site and will be working on the
tool this evening and overnight.  There will not be any access to the
system for Users tonight or tomorrow daytime through 6 PM.

Currently we are switching out some of the hardware to the turbo pump
controller unit from the loaner unit, and starting measurements of our
stage piezo post heights.

This evening we will remove the shims that had been placed under the piezo
post ceramic ball mounts on each piezo, and will attempt to measure reshim
and relevel the post after further measurements using the SEM.

Users can expect the system to remain off line for the next 24 hour period,
with only a 50% possibility of obtaining access tomorrow evening and
overnight.

We are striving to minimize the impact that this down time will have on the
Coral schedule and to all Users. Users are asked to be flexible in their
scheduling during this period.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway - SNF
Joe Klingfus - RAITH USA Inc.