Problem RAITH SNF 2007-02-14 16:21:21: Standard sample holder not landing onto piezo post properly

Kevin Burcham kb at raithusa.com
Thu Feb 15 06:09:33 PST 2007

James,

Could you send the images of the sample post?  You should be able to see the
piezo mounts in the CCD view to tell if the ball is missing or damaged.
When the sample holder is loaded, does it release smoothly from the robot
arm or is it jerky?

Another thought would be to check the inserts for the two other post, not
the fixed, and see if either of the screws to adjust the level of the holder
are loose; even slightly.  This could maybe cause a slight movement of the
holder and result in changes in WD.

Call when you can.

Regards,

Kevin