REMINDER starting tomorrow: RAITH Group XXIX -- Intensive 4 day short course. October 16 - 19, 2007 TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 15 15:18:22 PDT 2007

*Greetings RAITH Group XXIX:

**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXIX -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email; I still am in need
of further information or a commitment from you, and hope to add you in
the next class.
Any RAITH user wishing to attend is also welcome if you desire a review
of operations on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer One
training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All are also welcome to
attend as observers the other 'hands-on' sessions through the week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXIX Training course to be held October 16 -
19, 2007.
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?430:mss:63:200710:ifodmchgonnhndiimakg>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on October 9th and 23rd from 10:15 - 1 PM in the SNF cleanroom.
There is a separate sign up for this class on the white board in my
office at CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXIX **Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*October 16 - 9, 2007 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday October 16, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 201
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday October 17, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday October 18, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday October 19, 2007:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31) Just
bring along a USB drive!

*RAITH Group XXIX Class Listing Date October 16 - 19, 2007
BASIC USER INTENSIVE FOUR DAY SHORT COURSE.*

1.  Linyou Cao linyouc at stanford.edu <mailto:linyouc at stanford.edu> Coral:
linyoucao
Brongersma Group Project: Surface Plasmon Devices on Au Nanoparticles.

2. Byoungil Lee bilee at stanford.edu <mailto:bilee at stanford.edu>
Coral: bilee
H.S. Phillip Wong Project: Non-volatile Memory cell on cross-point contacts.

3. Dany Ly-Gagnon dalyx at stanford.edu <mailto:dalyx at stanford.edu> Coral:
dalyx
David Miller group, Project: Nano-metallic enhanced opto-electronic devices.

4. Salman Latif  slatif at stanford.edu <mailto:slatif at stanford.edu> Coral:
slatif
David Miller Group, Project: Nano-metallic enhanced opto-electronic devices.

5. Kathryn Todd kathrynt at stanford.edu <mailto:kathrynt at stanford.edu> Coral: kathrynt
David Gold Haber-Gordon Group
Project: patterning 30-50 nm etch masks on graphene in order to fabricate nanoribbons.

Observers in this Class:

6.  Jesse Lu jesselu at stanford.edu <mailto:jesselu at stanford.edu> Coral:
jesselu
Vuckovic Group Project: Group IV 2D Photonic Crystals
Working with Maria Mackarova.

7.  Aaron Hryciw (reshoe ph.) ahryciw at stanford.edu
<mailto:ahryciw at stanford.edu> Coral: ahryciw
Brongersma Group Project:  Silicon Nano-structures based Plasmonic devices.

8. Linjie Zhou ecezhoulj at gmail.com <mailto:ecezhoulj at gmail.com> Coral:
ljzhou
Ben Yoo Group UCDavis  Project:  Silicon Photonics waveguides and
resonators.