RAITH Class Canceled today -- RAITH system down and off line to all Users. Water cooling loop issues still to be resolved.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 19 09:40:03 PDT 2007

*

Greetings RAITH Group XXIX and RAITH Users:
*

The Raith system will remain off line for all Users to effect repairs to
the water cooling loop going to the Turbo pump section  and other
sub-systems that require water cooling in the System.

Todays RAITH Group XXIX class is canceled for today. However you are all
encouraged to work as a team or individually to make use of the off line
RAITH software to continue your training on the GDS II editor and
generate your test and device patterns for when we resume the class.

Meanwhile I am going to make an effort to clear the blockages in the
current turbo pump and will make a best effort at getting the system
back up for Users this weekend.
A new replacement Turbo pump is being shipped to me for Monday delivery
from New York.  I will take the system off line from users to install
the new pump on Monday afternoon.

I will send out an announcement at days end regarding status of the
system for this weekend.  System is currently in RED light mode on Coral.

My apologizes to the interruption to your schedules and research.