RAITH is back up for Users.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 19 17:36:36 PDT 2007

Greetings Raith Community,

I have made a best effort to resolve the cooling pump issues primarily
related to the cooling jacket in the Turbo pump becoming clogged with
scale and particulate debris.
I purged the system of bubbles and checked for leaks and all looks
good.  While flow initially was pegged at over 2.8 liters per minute it
has fallen to the original value of 1.6 lpm we obtained shortly after
the last system flush several months ago.  It is my expectation that
this will get us through some period of time; but likely did not address
all issues related to the RAITH system cooling loop.
I am going to schedule downtime for maintenance with RAITH field service
at the earliest opportunity.

Users will note that emission levels are slightly below where they were
two days ago -- but this will steadily increase as Gun section vacuum
decreases and emission levels stabilize to optimal values.
I/O and E/O functions have been tested and Users will not have any
problems they encountered Tuesday evening if they carefully follow the
Load Lock procedures.
BE SURE TO HOLD THE Load Lock DOOR DOWN!

I re-homed all positions for the LIStage and updated the recorded
positions of the Faraday cups back to the Std. Sample Holder defaults.
I tested the SEM functions and have performed an EBL write that is
exposing as I write this email.

Users should attempt to complete as much EBL work as possible before we
take the system down for more repairs and maintenance at some point next
week.
RAITH Fields Service has been requested to come on site as soon as possible.

Special Thanks to Dmitry Kozak and the other users whom assisted me
during this difficult period.