Beam blanker switch

Arash Hazeghi ahazeghi at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 9 01:55:43 PDT 2008

Hi,
Last night I spent more than 2 hours on the tool trying to figure why
the beam would unblank itself when using the move command (with beam
blanked), scanning anything in the position list or doing align write
field. I was not able to do manual align write field because the beam
would unblank itself, machine would go under SEM control and no image
was acquired as a result. I tried automatic marks, the beam was
unblanked again exposing all of my wafer and switching to int mode on
its own. So I gave up, on the way out I talked to the next user about
this, after looking at the control rack he figured the manual beam
blanker switch was in lower position. I didn't know about this switch
and as far as I know users are not supposed to change these settings.
My time was wasted and my wafer was destroyed because an expert user
did not remember to reset the switch. Please be more considerate.

Thanks,
Arash