ANNOUNCEMENT: RAITH GROUP XXXI: BASIC USERS CLASS -- FOUR DAY INTENSIVE SHORT COURSE. APRIL 22 - 25, 2008 10 AM TO 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 9 15:44:15 PDT 2008

*Greetings RAITH Group XXXI:
**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXXI -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email, I am** still ** in
need of further information, or a commitment from you, and hope to add
you in the next class.
Any RAITH users wishing to attend are also welcome if you desire a
review of operations on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all other interested parties to the Tuesday morning
lecture session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer
One training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All others are also
welcome to attend as observers the other 'Hands-On' sessions through the
week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXXI Training course to be held February 5 to
8, 2008
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?2160:mss:2575:200804:jcbhgieikjfpjfohmlgh>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on April 29th from 10:15 - 12:30 PM in the SNF cleanroom. There is
a separate sign up for this class on the white board in my office at CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXX**I** **Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*April 22 to 25th, 2007 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'Hands On' operations training through the
remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday April 22, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 201
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday April 23, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday April 24, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday April 25, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I can provide a CD and printed materials at the first meeting, if you
have not already received one yet.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31) Just
bring along a USB drive!

**

RAITH GROUP XXXI:  Basic Users Class -- Four Day Short Course

1. Marlene Marjorie Ferrier mferrier at stanford.edu
<mailto:mferrier at stanford.edu> Coral:  mferrier
Nishi Group, Project: Tunneling devices studies.

2. Arka Majumdar arkam at stanford.edu <mailto:arkam at stanford.edu> Coral:
arkam
Vuckovic Group Project: QD in PhC cavity for computation.

3. Prabhu Arumugam auprabhu at yahoo.com <mailto:auprabhu at yahoo.com> Coral: auprabhu Phone: 408 702 0891

UCSC Group? Project: ___________________________________

4.  Chong Xie  chongxie at stanford.edu <mailto:chongxie at stanford.edu>
Coral: chongxie
Yi Cui Group, Materials Science. Project: nano-electrode for sensing.

5. Gordon Wan cwan at stanford.edu <mailto:cwan at stanford.edu> Coral: ccwan
H.S. Phillip Wong EE dept. Project: nano-electromechanical relay with
MWCNT.

6. Alexander Fried adfried at stanford.edu <mailto:adfried at stanford.edu>
Coral: adfried
Vuckovic Group Project:  Photonic Crystals on GaAs.

*Note: This is a tentative class listing due to pending certification of
pre-requisites to be completed.
*