ZEP- 520A Question on stripping on GaAs and Si substrates

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 10 11:58:42 PDT 2008

The easiest and fastest means to remove completely ZEP-520 and most of
the PMMA blends is to RIE with O2 plasma.

You can also strip off completely, particularly if it is cross linked
thermally or after exposure to fluorine chemistries in the etchers, by
employing NMP based solvents with surfactants such as PRS-127 followed
by PRS-1000 Photoresist stripper or simply Microchem Remover PG heated
gently to above 40 degrees C.

Note that the ZEP -520 is so very high in contrast that even a 400 nm
film will likely clear with just a slight increase in dose or increase
development time.  Try 55 µC/cm**2 at 10 keV.

Thank you for an excellent question!

Best,

James Conway