"Finished" early: Raith150 program crashed

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 10 12:07:41 PDT 2008

Hello ALL:

We have seen this problem from time to time on the RAITH computer when
running the RAITH150.exe application.  Often after cancelling a exposure
or when doing a lot of changes in the editor without saving yur changes
regularly.

  While I am not sure, I think this is due to some memory addressing
issues whereas the WINDOW XP OS doesn't allow an application to address
specific addresses in the memory arrays if it has not been allocated
within the application. I am not a windows software person so maybe
someone else has a better diagnosis or opinion.

If this occurs on the system it is recommended to gracefully *shut down*
the RAITH computer and restart the WIN XP OS. and then the RAITH
application.

I will bring this up at the RAITH Users meeting at Three Beams in late
May to determine if other users are encountering this issue and how it
can be reduced or eliminated.

Yours,

James Conway