[Fwd: Problem raith SNF 2008-04-22 18:17:11: problem encounter by several users getting level sample holders]

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 22 18:27:48 PDT 2008

Raith Users:

Users are requested to see me during my office hour if they either
encountered a stage to sample holder crash or any other problem during a
load lock procedure or of they have observed missing or out of focus
features from their EBL write results.

Over the weekend we lost the functionality of the sample holder Faraday
cup connection to the picoammeter and concurrently started measuring
very large out of level conditions on both the standard and the
universal sample holders.  The magnitude of this issue as observed is
grossly larger than anything we have measured before and is a cause for
grave concern.

 I am now suspecting damage to the piezo post mounting arms, or the
ceramic mounting balls on top of the piezo stacks themselves, as a
possible cause of this condition. This may have been a result of a user
incorrectly mounting then attempting to load the sample holder or some
other event affecting the mechanical integrity of the XY Stage.