ANNOUNCEMENT: RAITH Group XXXIII -- Intensive 4 day short course for New Users August 12 - 15, 2008 TUESDAY - FRIDAY 10 AM - 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 8 15:14:06 PDT 2008

*Greetings RAITH Group XXXIII:

**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXXIII -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email, I am** still ** in
need of further information, or a commitment from you, and hope to add
you in the next class and or finish your previous training. Then in
following month I hope to provide you with further hands on training and
get you all qualified as users on the system.
Any RAITH users wishing to attend are also welcome if you desire a
review of operations on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer One
training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All others are also welcome
to attend as observers the other 'Hands-On' sessions through the week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXXIII Training course to be held next week on
August 12 - 15 2008
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?430:mss:73:200801:bleokmmlinkjilfgnknc>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on August 19th from 10:15 - 12:30 PM in the SNF cleanroom.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXXIII **Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*August 12 - 15, 2008 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday August 12, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS 101
14:00 - 17:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday August 13, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday August 14, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday August 15, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31) Just
bring along a USB drive!

RAITH Group XXXIII -- Date August 12 -- 15, 2008

1. Julie Bert jbert at stanford.edu <mailto:jbert at stanford.edu>  Coral: jbert

Moler Project:  Au and AL rings for persistent current measurements.

2. Donkoun Lee dlee76 at stanford.edu <mailto:dlee76 at stanford.edu> Coral:
dlee76

Shan Wang Group Project:  Spin Torque

3.  Lisa Chen lisachen at stanford.edu <mailto:lisachen at stanford.edu>
Coral: lisachen

Shan Wang Group Project E341 Spin FET

?

4. SangMoo Jeong popomoo at stanford.edu <mailto:popomoo at stanford.edu>
Coral: popomoo

Yi Cui Group Project:  Nano-structured Solar Cell -- fabricate 3 mm
cones on QZ.

?

5. Hailin Peng hlpeng at stanford.edu <mailto:hlpeng at stanford.edu> Coral:
hlpeng

Yi Cui Group Project:  Nano-structured Solar Cell -- single NW solar
cell CuInSe2.

Observers Group: