Stage Chamber Vacuum problem

Shinichi Koseki shinichikoseki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:53:11 PST 2008

I got the load lock error, and could not load the sample.

When I tried to load the sample, the Raith computer gave me "Error
Load Lock" tab
saying "Vacuum in the stage chamber is not ready.
Please start pumping and if ready press retry."

The Vac status (SEM computer -> SEM control -> Vacuum tab) is "At air".
So, I hit "pump", and the turbo pump started, but after 5mins it stopped and
the vacuum status is still "at air".

Vacuum Ready lamp is off at the Airlock Control unit (left side of the
Raith machine).
I hit the red reset button there, but the situation did not improve.
(Error lamp is flashing green)

I could not repair the system. (I could not call to James because my
cell's battery is out...)

regards,

Shinichi