ANNOUNCEMENT: RAITH Group XXX -- Intensive 4 day short course. Tuesday and Thursdays 10 - 6 PM starting Tuesday February 5th, 2008 at 10 AM in CIS 201

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 11:13:03 PST 2008

*Greetings RAITH Group XXX:

**If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed
to be in RAITH Group** XXX -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email, I am** still ** in
need of further information or a commitment from you, and hope to add
you in the next class.
Any RAITH users wishing to attend are also welcome if you desire a
review of operations on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all other interested parties to the Tuesday morning
lecture session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer
One training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All others are also
welcome to attend as observers the other 'Hands-On' sessions through the
week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXX Training course to be held starting
February 5, 2008
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?430:mss:73:200801:bleokmmlinkjilfgnknc>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on January 29th from 10:15 - 12:30 PM in the SNF cleanroom. There
is a separate sign up for this class on the white board in my office at
CIS 31.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

*   **RAITH Group** XXX **Schedule: **   *

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*Tuesdays and Thursdays as follows:
Week One: Tuesday February 5th and Thursday February 7th, 2007 from 10 -
6 PM
Week Two: Tuesday February 12th and Thursday February 14th, 2007 from 10
- 6 PM.
*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
next two weeks.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday February 5, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS-X 201
14:00 - 18:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Thursday February 7, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Tuesday February 12, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday February 14, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can stop by my office hour and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM CIS 31) Just
bring along a USB drive!

*RAITH Group XXX Starting Date February 5, 2008:**
BASIC USER INTENSIVE FOUR DAY SHORT COURSE.
tentative class listing due to pending certification of prerequisites
completed.
*

Trudie Wang trudie at stanford.edu <mailto:trudie at stanford.edu>  Coral: trudie
Phone: 510-852-4058 Peumans Group
Project: lateral multi-junction nanowire nano-concentrator photovoltaic

Mike Preiner  mpreiner at stanford.edu <mailto:mpreiner at stanford.edu> Coral
mpreiner Phone: 650-387-7729 cell
Nick Melosh Project: Plasmonic Waveguide for molecular electronics.

Vincent Yi Wei Chen chenyw at stanford.edu <mailto:chenyw at stanford.edu>
Coral: vincentcyw Phone: 650-498-8206
Paul McIntyre Group
Project: Fabricating nanowire biosensors using e-beam to put patterns of
small gold dots - ~70nm in diameter in a trench so that nanowires can be
grown later.