Problem with loading/unloading sample

Yuan Zhang zhangy at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 6 22:43:36 PDT 2008

Dear Raith users,

During unloading and loading my sample today, an error occurs at the
"Robot arm out" step, with a message saying that "manual procedure has
to be followed to bring the robot arm to outer position". However, I
checked the loadlock and found out the robot arm had been totally out.
Then I clicked "OK" to all the message box without doing anything real
to the system. The gate valve successfully closed afterwards, and the
system went back to normal. I talked to some other user and found out
this problem occurred since afternoon. I guess everyone after me may
see the same problem. So my suggestion is to check if the robot arm is
totally in loadlock (by eye) and make sure the gate valve is closed
before you continue on. You don't have to adjust T position if the
robot arm is in loadlock. If you have questions, please call James(I
can't reach him) or one of the Raith champions. Hopefully it's just a
software bug. I put the system in yellow light.

Good luck,
Yuan