[Fwd: Comment raith SNF 2008-05-13 18:14:46: x y Laser stage motor issues surfacing]

Xinran Wang xinranw at stanford.edu
Tue May 13 19:36:28 PDT 2008

Hi James,

Actually after hitting the retry button for ~20times I was able to finish
the loading procedure. So I tried to do the exposure as normal, but I found
that if I want to move the stage in a relatively large distance, eg. from a
clip to farady cup on sample holder, the stage some times stopped in the
middle and there is an error message with virtual motor control. So I
decided to unload my sample. During the way out, the same error in loading
procedure appeared a couple of times ("it's not possible to reach the upper
exchange position. X: -6.700") but after I hit retry the stage is now out.
I also noticed that on the raith hardware module the "frequency locked"
light is flashing rather than on steady. I'm not sure what caused this.

Hope this information is useful for tomorrow trouble shooting.

Best,
Xinran