new Thread: My contamination dots appear as strange single pixel lines and why.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 14 19:01:51 PDT 2008

Hi Andrei and RAITH Users:

Likely this effect could simply be astigmatism?

Make the imaged feature as /'round '  /or circular/ /as you can using
focus, seeking the 'center of focus' where the blur is neither vertical
(focused above the feature) nor completely horizontal. (Focused below
the feature)
Now try to carefully translate the stigmation controls in X-Y and try to
create a sharper and properly stigmated SEM image.
Then check your focus again.
Users may have to reiterate this process several times until they obtain
a nearly perfect contamination dots.

Users are reminded that your Ebeam Lithography writing result will only
be as good as your focus, so it is worth the time and effort to ensure
you are carefully focused and properly stigmated on your sample before
performing a write field alignment and finally beginning your exposure.

Good Question and I will make it a FAQ. in the near future!

Good Evening,

James Conway