Possible visit/interruption from Raith USA ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Thu May 29 14:18:29 PDT 2008

Raith community:

As you know, we have been experiencing cooling flow problems that affect
the turbo pump and, ultimately, the entire system.  Lev Markov from
Raith USA purged out the cooling lines on Tuesday afternoon.  I have
been monitoring the pressure and flow since that time and have found
that the coolant flow is falling ... it was about 2 l/min on Tuesday
evening and it had fallen to about half of that a bit ago.
While I've bumped up the pressure to get a bit more flow, Lev is on his
way back.

When he arrives later this afternoon, he may need to interrupt
activities at the next logical break point in order to investigate this
problem.  That may entail a system shutdown in order to break into the
turbo pump cooling lines.

I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is
important that we come up with a good long-term resolution to this problem.

Thanks,

John