ANNOUNCEMENT: Raith Group XXXIV - Intensive Four Day Short Course for Basic Users Tuesday to Friday October 14 to 17th, 2008 10 AM to 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 8 10:20:41 PDT 2008

*Greetings RAITH Group XXXIV:

**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXXIV -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email, I am** still ** in
need of further information, or a commitment from you, and hope to add
you in the next class.
Any RAITH users wishing to attend are also welcome if you desire a
review of operations on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer One
training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All others are also welcome
to attend as observers the other 'Hands-On' sessions through the week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXXIV Training course to be held October 14 to
17th, 2008
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?430:mss:73:200801:bleokmmlinkjilfgnknc>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on Tuesday October 21st, 2008 from 10:15 - 12:30 PM in the SNF
cleanroom.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

* **RAITH Group** XXIX **Schedule: **
*

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*October 14 to 17th 2008 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday October 14, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- *CIS-X 338
3rd Floor of CIS-X*
14:00 - 18:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday October 15, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday October 16, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday October 17, 2008:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can also stop by my office and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM Tuesdays to
Friday at CIS 31) Just bring along a USB drive!

*RAITH Group XXXIV Date October 14 - 17th, 2008:
BASIC USER INTENSIVE FOUR DAY SHORT COURSE.
tentative class listing, pending certification of prerequisites to be
completed.
*

*1. Arunanshu Roy amroy at stanford.edu <mailto:amroy at stanford.edu> Coral:
amroy Phone: 650-353-0464
    Saraswat Group Project: Spin FET.*

* *

*2. Takashi Kodama kodama at stanford.edu <mailto:kodama at stanford.edu>
Coral: tkodama Phone: pending
    Ken Goodson Group Project:  Thermal Conductivity of CNT. *

* *

*3.  Xunyu Yang  xyang at chemistry.ucsc.edu
<mailto:xyang at chemistry.ucsc.edu> Coral: _______ Phone 831-502-7363
    Yat Li Group UCSC Project: InN/GaN Nanowires on Quartz.*

*4. Krishna  Balram kcbalram at stanford.edu <mailto:kcbalram at stanford.edu>
Coral kcbalram Phone: 650-497-9317
    David Miller Group Project: Nanoscale Photodetectors 100 nm <*

*5. Liying Jiao lyjiao at stanford.edu <mailto:lyjiao at stanford.edu>
Coral:  lyjiao  Phone:
    HongJie Dai Group Project:  CNT devices for IV*

* *

*6. Jaeyun Yi jaeyunyi at stanford.edu <mailto:jaeyunyi at stanford.edu>
Coral: jaeyunyi Phone: 650-580-4317
    Nishi Group Project: ReRAM   Phase Change Memory

*